Our Privacy Commitment
The Bears’ Lair and all of its ‘assets’ (the BearsLairTV.com website, Bears’ Lair News, branded training programs, the Bears’ Lair TV series, etc,) are 100% owned by an Indigenous company, Sparkly Frog Clan Productions, Inc. We know how important it is to protect your privacy and personal information.
We want to ensure that every online visitor and customer experience is safe and secure – whether you visit our website, sign up to receive a newsletter, become a Bears’ Lair Community member, participate in a contest or survey survey, purchase a product or service we may offer, or you provide us with your contact information through webinars or in-person events.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Any personal data we collect will never be shared nor sold to a third party.
- We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes outlined to you.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data collected should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- What Information does the Bears’ Lair collect and how is it used?
At Bears’ Lair, we collect two types of information: personal information and non-personal information. With your consent, we may use your personal information for a number of different purposes, for example to:
- Fulfill requests for services, products or information
- Provide excellent customer service
- Offer new products and services
- Administer contests, competitions or promotions
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or our marketing endeavors
- Enhance our products and services according to your preferences.
We may also collect and summarize customer information in a format that no longer identifies the individual for statistical purposes. Personal information typically includes your name, address, phone number, and email address.
You can always choose not to provide us with any of your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the full product, service, or information that you requested. Non-personal information does not identify you as an individual. For example, we may ask you for your postal code or zip code to assist us with event planning.
- Your Implied Consent
In some cases, your consent is implied if we ask you to provide personal information with a stated purpose. For example, we can only send newsletters if you provide us with a valid email address or send products if you provide us with your mailing address and a contact phone number.
- Your Express Consent
In other cases, we will ask you to give your express consent to use any profile pictures, testimonials or research comments on our site, reports or other marketing materials. We will also ask you to give us your express consent to inform you of products or services that may be of interest. You always have the opportunity to “opt out” of having your information used for this purpose.
- Withdrawing Your Consent
If you have “opted in” or subscribed to one of our information sources, we will always provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” or unsubscribe. For example, any newsletter we send you will include links to ‘unsubscribe’ to tell you how to decline further emails.
- Our Website
- 5.1 Website Terms
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- 5.2 Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download copies of the materials (information or software) from the Bears’ Lair website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- Modify or copy Bears’ Lair materials without express written consent of Bears’ Lair;
- Use materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial), without express written consent of Bears’ Lair;
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Bears’ Lair website;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from our materials, or;
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Bears’ Lair at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- 5.3 Disclaimer
The materials on Bears’ Lair’s website are provided “as is.” Bears’ Lair makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Bears’ Lair does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Information that Bears’ Lair collects from you
Listed here are some examples of the ways that we collect information about you and how we use it.
- With any of the services on our websites, we may also use your personal information to contact and correspond with you to respond to your inquiries.
- With your consent, we may send to you, from time to time, email or other communications regarding goods or services we believe will be of interest to you.
- While using our websites, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information). We use this information to complete your subscription order or service transaction and to apply for access to certain special features and functions of the website. If you choose not to provide requested personal information, you will not be able to use certain features of the website and you will not be able to engage in certain transactions through the website.
- With any of the services on our websites, we may also use your personal information to contact and correspond with you to respond to your inquiries.
All references to our website in this policy means to https://bearslairtv.com/
- 6.1 Participate in a Contest, Promotion, or Survey
From time to time, we may run our own contests, promotions, or surveys or in conjunction with Bears’ Lair partners. If you participate, you may be asked for contact information as well as additional optional survey information (i.e. product preferences or business needs). Information from contest entries will be used to contact you if you win.
We will summarize survey information in a manner that no longer identifies the contest entrants for analysis but Bears’ Lair will not include any personal information from entries without your express consent (as per Section 3: Your Express Consent, above). All contests are subject to rules that will be available with each particular contest.
- 6.2 Information Bears’ Lair collects automatically
Like many other websites, we automatically collect certain non-personal information regarding website users that does not identify you. Examples include the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the website, the operating system you are using, the sections of the website you visit, the website pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the website. This non-personal information is only used for website and system administration purposes and to improve the user experience of our website.
- 6.3 Cookies
The website uses “cookies,” a technology that installs a small amount of information on a website user’s computer to permit the website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the website (so you do not have to enter your billing information every time), to extend an Bears’ Lair Partner promotion or discount offer that they provide a URL you clicked, to track your activity at the website, to offer personalized web page content and information for your use, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your website experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the website and your ability to access certain Bears’ Lair Partner offers, features of the website or engage in transactions through the website.
- 6.4 Tracking Information
We may use non-personal information to compile tracking information reports regarding website user demographics, website traffic patterns, and website purchases, and then provide those reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. We may also link tracking information with personal information voluntarily provided by website users. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this policy.
- 6.5 Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links, you are contacting another website or Internet resource. Bears’ Lair has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other sites to learn how they collect and use information about you.
- 6.6 Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Bears’ Lair website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Bears’ Lair does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Bears’ Lair may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Bears’ Lair strives to provide current information to enable excellent user experiences, but we do not make any commitment to update website materials.
- Disclosure to Service Providers
Bears’ Lair may share your personal information with certain service providers in order to provide products and services to you, to verify and validate information, and to address customer service matters. To reduce the risk of fraud or misuse of personal information, Bears’ Lair may also verify your personal information, including but not limited to your address and credit card information, with third party service providers.
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is used in a manner that is consistent with this policy. If you do not wish us to provide your personal information to those service providers, we may be unable to process your transaction.
In no event shall Bears’ Lair or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use materials shared in any Bears’ Lair websites or events, even if Bears’ Lair or a Bears’ Lair authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Legal Disclosure
Bears’ Lair may disclose your information as permitted or required to by law; for example:
- To a government institution or other person or entity that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information;
- Where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity;
- To comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information;
- To comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or entity with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, and;
- To our legal counsel.
To accommodate changes in our service, technology and privacy regulations, this policy may change over time. We may add, change, or remove portions of this policy when we feel it is appropriate to do so. Whenever we update this Policy, we will change the date on the policy to indicate when the changes were made.
- How does Bears’ Lair protect my information?
The security of your personal information is a high priority for Bears’ Lair. We maintain appropriate safeguards and current security standards to protect your personal information, whether recorded on paper or captured electronically, against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse.
Although we cannot take responsibility for any theft, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction of data by a third party, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
- When is my information removed?
We keep your information only as long as we need it for the products and services you’re using, for a reasonable time thereafter, and to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards that meet these requirements. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your personally identifiable information. You can also request that we remove your information from our records. Subject to our requirements for continued retention of your information, for example, for billing, audits, or warranty purposes, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request.
- How can I contact the Bears’ Lair team?
Bears’ Lair is responsible for all personal information under its control. Our website Administrator for Bears’ Lair is in compliance with the principles described here.
Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bear’s Lair / Sparkly Frog Clan Productions Inc. mailing address is:
4 – 1500 Railway St., North Vancouver, BC, V7J 1B5
Bears’ Lair is a female-owned, Indigenous business incorporated by Sechelt / shishalh Nation member Geena Jackson in the province of BC in 2021.
We align with the definition of ‘social enterprise’ provided by the Centre for Social Enterprise through our commitment to ‘achieve social, cultural, community economic and/or environmental outcomes; and, to earn revenue’ to sustain our organization.
If you no longer wish to be contacted regarding Bears’ Lair promotions or news, please use the unsubscribe feature included on every newsletter or contact us and we will respond to your request or investigate your concern as quickly as we can.